Buffalo Trace has unveiled the 2023 line-up for its Antique Collection.
The annual limited release includes the oldest Eagle Rare 17 Years Old bourbon in the collection's history, an 18-year-old Sazerac rye whiskey, and bourbons from the George T. Stagg and William Larue Weller brands.
This year's collection comprises:
– Eagle Rare 17 Years Old bourbon: at 19 years and three months old, this is the oldest Eagle Rare 17 Years Old bourbon included in the Antique Collection to date (the 17-year age statement dictates the minimum age of any liquid in the bottle, but the age of each annual bottling varies). The whiskey was distilled in the spring of 2004 and the barrels were aged in Warehouses C, I K, M, and Q. It is bottled at 101 proof (50.5% ABV).
– George T. Stagg bourbon: the 2023 offering was distilled in spring 2008 and aged in Warehouses C, I, K, L, and M before being bottled at 135 proof (67.5% ABV).
– Sazerac Rye 18 Years Old: the rye whiskey barrels used for this straight rye whiskey were distilled between autumn 2004 and spring 2005 and aged in Warehouses K, L, and M.
– Thomas H. Handy Sazerac rye: the 2023 Thomas H. Handy expression comprises whiskey from barrels aged for more than six years. The unfiltered straight rye whiskey has been bottled at cask strength of 124.9 proof (62.45% ABV).
– William Larue Weller bourbon: a cask-strength, unfiltered, wheated bourbon that was distilled in spring 2011 and aged in Warehouses C, L, M, and N. This year's expression is bottled at 133.6 proof (66.8% ABV), surpassing the 2022 expression's cask strength of 124.7 proof (62.35% ABV).
The Buffalo Trace Antique Collection 2023 releases will be available in retail in the US from early October at a recommended retail price of US$124.99 per bottle (local taxes and fees will vary).
Introduced by the Kentucky-based Buffalo Trace Distillery more than 20 years ago, the Antique Collection is released annually in the autumn and comprises five expressions from the Eagle Rare, George T. Stagg, Sazerac, Thomas H. Handy, and William Larue Weller brands.