In its first virtual auction, the Irish whiskey brand will be inviting fans in the UK and Ireland to bid on gift sets containing 12 limited-edition miniatures from the 2021 Causeway Collection. It will be the first and only time that all 12 releases from the 2021 collection will be found in one place, Bushmills says.
The sets of miniatures will be auctioned over four days from 7–10 December via www.bushmills.eu. Three auctions will be run daily, at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm (all GMT). All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Northern Irish charity The Causeway Coast & Glens Heritage Trust, with no auctioneers' fees or commissions being deducted.
Included in each set are 50ml miniatures of all 12 whiskeys from the 2021 Causeway Collection:
- 2011 Banyuls Cask, 53.6% ABV
- 13YO Douro Cask, 56.6% ABV
- 1995 Marsala Cask, 57.8% ABV
- 2011 Sauternes Cask, 56.3% ABV
- 32YO Port Cask, 50.1% ABV
- 13YO Jupille Cask, 55.1% ABV
- 1991 Madeira Cask, 50.2% ABV
- 2000 Port Cask, 54.1% ABV
- 10YO Cognac Cask, 46% ABV
- 10YO Cuvee Cask, 54.8% ABV
- 30YO New American Oak Cask, 48.4% ABV
- 27YO Bourbon Cask, 52.1% ABV
Launched in 2020, the Bushmills Causeway Collection is designed to showcase rare single malt whiskeys that are inspired by the dramatic landscape of the Giant's Causeway, near the distillery in Co Antrim. The collections have included country-specific bottlings, only made available in particular markets.
The 2022 collection included a 30-year-old port cask whiskey, a 1997 rum cask and a 2012 Burgundy.