Aultmore was founded in 1895 by Alexander Edward, then owner of the Benrinnes distillery. It's name is derived from the Gaelic for 'big stream', a reference to its water source the Auchinderran burn. It sits in a small hollow known locally as 'The Foggie Moss.'
The distillery was expanded in 1898, however sufferred closures in 1899 and during World War One. Aultmore was bought by John DewarShow more