Convalmore was founded in 1893 by Convalmore-Glenlivet Distillers Co. Ltd. The distiller was destroyed by fire in 1909, and during the rebuilding the decision was made to switch to continuous distillation of malt whisky (aka 'silent malt'). Almost all of Convalmore's output was destined for the blenders, notably Lowrie's and Black and White.
Closing in 1985, Convalmore was sold to United Distillers in 1987 and then in 1990 to William Grant and Sons. Convalmore is currently used for warehousing. Show more