Glen Mhor

Glen Mhor Distillery (Closed 1983)

The name (pronounced Glen Vawr) means 'Great Glen' and it was founded in 1892 by John MacKinlay and John Birnie, a disgruntled former distillery manager at nearby Glen Albyn. Glen Mhor sits more or less atop the Caledonian Canal, the 62 mile man-made waterway which cuts a course from Inverness to Corpach. The whisky distillery was Scotland’s first to install a Saladin Box, a malting device which
Show more
Address: Telford Street, Inverness, Inverness-shire, Scotland
Display
Alphabetical
  • Alphabetical
  • Score
Display
Alphabetical
  • Alphabetical
  • Latest
Display
Alphabetical
  • Alphabetical
  • Latest