Inchgower distillery was founded in 1871 by Alexander Wilson, to replace the nearby Tochineal Distillery after the landlord doubled the rent. Buckie Council purchased the distillery in 1936 and ownership was transferred to Arthur Bell & Sons Ltd in 1938, since which time its nearly two million litres/year output has been a main ingredient for the Bell's blend. To this very day the Bell's logo is used in the advertising of Inchgower.
Bell's was bought by Guinness in the 1980s, with ownership transferring to United Distillers in 1987, and subsequently Diageo. Official bottlings are rare, a Flora & Fauna 14yo is the only proprietary bottling readily available.Show more