The distillery was founded in 1962 by George Christie. It was built by hand by George Christie over the next decades, and was finished in 1987. It took another three years until whisky production started in 1990. The new distillery sits opposite the site of the old Drumguish distillery, which closed in 1911.
It is a small distillery, with two tiny pot stills and a workforce of four. Most of this is bottled as The Speyside, although bottlings are also released under the names Glentromie and Drumguish. As an independent bottler it produces cask strength single bottlings under the name Scotts Selection.Show more