GlenDronach was founded in 1826 by James Allardyce. The distillery continued to thrive under subsequent owners Walter Scott (of Teaninich), who took over in 1847 and Captain Charles Grant (of Glenfiddich) in 1920. In more recent times, GlenDronach was bought in 1960 by William Teacher & Sons. In 1976, Allied took over and in 1996 they mothballed the distillery. Production began again in 2002 and three years later, following the acquisition of Allied, Chivas Brothers became the new owner.
In 2008, Pernod sold GlenDronach to the consortium headed by Billy Walker that had done such a fine job of revitalising Benriach. A quick revamp followed and a relaunched 15yo and new 18yo were added to the core range, joining the standard 12yo and a 33yo introduced by Pernod in late 2005.Show more