Independent bottlers Murray McDavid have announced the release of Cask Craft, a new collection of single malts to showcase different wood finishes.
The collection features six single malt Scotch whiskies in total, with the objective of giving drinkers an accessible guide to the Art of Maturation. The spirit has been selected from six different distilleries, with the team at Murray McDavid enriching the flavours through choice of cask finish.
The expressions are as followed:
- Sherry Finish: Hogshead Cask; Fruit and Spicy (Strathdearn)
- Port Finish: Barrique Cask; Rich and Fruity (Mannochmore Distillery)
- Madeira Finish: Barrique Cask; Fruity and Sweet (Linkwood Distillery)
- Bourbon Finish: Quarter Cask; Creamy and Sweet (Dailuaine Distillery)
- Marsala Finish: Barrique Cask; Smoky and Fruity (Croftengea)
- Peated Finish: Hogshead Cask; Smoke and Citrus (Glen Elgin Distillery)
Each bottle has a label which sets out guidance in regard to the cask finish and flavour profiles as listed above, with consumers learning about the creation of each expression.
Dean Jode, head of whisky creations for Murray McDavid, commented: “We are delighted to release our Cask Craft collection. With such a kaleidoscope of approachable flavours, this wonderful range makes it easy for consumers to understand the influence that different wood finishes have on Scotch whisky. This collection, which showcases the Art of Maturation, is designed for those new to whisky and the seasoned connoisseur.”
Available in six expressions in small batches of 12,000 bottles, each individual bottle is priced at an RRP of £34.